• avatar karjunkie 03/21/10 11:07 am PST

1994-97 Honda Accords have the data link connector neatly clipped directly under the glove box and the connector is blue. 1994-97 models also have an OBD-II port behind ashtray which is what you have found. DO NOT use a paper clip on the OBD-II port! Go to your nearest auto parts store and have them read the codes for you.

Code 8 is the top dead center sensor. On your year Accord, I believe it is inside the distributor and not serviceable. The only cure is to find a distributor at a local salvage yard and replace it. I would confirm the code by getting an free OBDII scan at the local auto parts store. If you get any of the following: P1359 8 CKP/TDC Sensor Connector Disconnection; P1361 8 TDC Sensor Intermittent Interruption; P1362 8 TDC Sensor No Signal, I would just go ahead and change the whole distributor

Answers

• parkranger2 03/21/10 5:53 pm PST

Thanks for your reply. I connected a paper clip to the link and got 8 long flashes pause and then again 8 long flashes. Can't interpret. Also autozone or advance auto will only check 1996 and up on Honda's

Top Honda Accord Experts View More

7. tallman1 255