Answers

What do you mean "slipping"? You mean the engine started missing and running badly, or the transmission started slipping and the car wouldn't move?

If you mean the engine started running badly, I think this is all just a co-incidence unless you maybe dented a fuel line with the jack.

• sexzass 01/16/10 9:01 pm PST

no i was on the freeway and pressed the gas and is was just winding like i was in neutral but i was not then it stalled and has not started since and now the engine will not start the belts dont even move

For the moment I am completely stumped on this one.

• sexzass 01/16/10 9:36 pm PST

sorry imconfused myself it makes a sound but there is no belt movement u see my friend talked me into changing the filter and he is the one who did it but after i had it towed off the freeway to his house cuz i believe he messed it up he told me that maybe one of the filters popped out but he dropped the pan and said they were in.. nofluid is leaking from the tranny and now he tellss me he thinks its my starter that is not working but i never had any hesistation starting my car before and i also found out that he did not flush the tranny out cuz he said there was no drain plug he just dropped the pan or something.

Okay---here's an idea. It's possible that what happened is that your alternator failed and as you were driving, you were only driving on your battery's reserve power; once that started to drain, your car's computers (including the one that helps shift the transmission) started freaking out from lack of voltage---thus the weird shifting, the stall, and the inability to turn the engine over.

First thing I'd do is get the battery charged up (Don't Just Jump Start It). Put a battery charger on it.

Then start the car and test drive it (you can drive around a while even if the alternator is no good, but don't use lights, radio, heater, etc.). If the car works okay, then have the alternator tested.

That's about all I can think of that links these two separate problems of slippage and no starts.

• sexzass 01/20/10 1:12 am PST

WOW JUST FOUND OUT IT WAS THE FLY WHEEL BROKE BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE PART

Whoa! You know, I had that *very* idea in the back of my head (sure, shiftright, sure) but I thought---what are the ODDS of that?!

Must be the torque converter or ring gear?

This should be available online. Is the transmission out? If you can specify exactly what's broken maybe I can help you track something down.

Top Transmission Automatic Experts View More

4. fordfan_17 840