Answers

Try using a different starting technique, which has proven very worthwhile in late model vehicles; Turn the ignition key to the position where the dashboard warning lights come on, and wait in that position for about ten seconds; then try starting the engine.

The reason this technique works is that late model vehicles are designed to have very lean fuel mixtures; which are far more difficult to ignite during starting than the mixtures in older cars. So, by turning the key on and then waiting, the electric fuel pump is given the time it needs to properly prime the fuel system. That insures that an adequate quantity of fuel will be in the cylinders when you try to start the engine.

Some of the newer vehicles will frequently not start unless this technique is used.

I hope this helps!!!
    Joel

• fsoto 09/15/11 4:19 pm PST

I feel for you. I bought my wife a new Chevy colorado a couple of years ago. Man, how I hate that truck. I can't count the number of times that it has left us stranded. For a short periods of time luckily but, still for a new truck to being doing that is just not normal. We took it to the dealer who said that it was the starter, they replaced it and worked for a while but now it is doing it again. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK TO ANYBODY. Also. the low tire pressure keeps coming on. They replace the sensor and of coarse it fix the problem. For a short period of time though because it is now coming on and off again. I HATE THIS (*&(*)) TRUCK. I can't get rid of it because it is all dent up from me kicking it. I HATE THIS TRUCK. Chevy make great vehicles, however, the fabrication of this truck was a big mistake.

• kidzoom 05/15/13 1:09 pm PST

This is the Chevrolet anti theft. Notice the blinking red lock on your dash lights.

here's what you do - when it will not crank - turn your key over to ACC and let it stay on here for 15 minutes, the THEFT SYSTEM light will stop flashing. Turn your key back to OFF then turn it over as normal when starting and it will start right back

NEVER EVER BUY GM!!!!!!!!

• kidzoom 05/15/13 3:40 pm PST

ANTI-THEFT RESET
    Try this first. Turn ignition off and remove key. Open and close the driver's door. Lock and unlock the door with the key fob. Try to start the vehicle.
    If that does not work. Here's what you do - when it will not crank - turn your key over to ACC and let it stay on here for 15 minutes, the THEFT SYSTEM light will stop flashing.
    Turn your key back to OFF then turn it over as normal when starting and it will start right back up!

• sweenerdog 08/14/14 2:01 pm PST

i believe it's the ignition switch passlock built in it. need to replace it have it reprogramed at chevy

Top Chevrolet Colorado Experts View More

3. wern10 40
4. dinof 25