Answers

Some cars seem to crank better if you turn the ignition to ON and then wait for 3 or 4 seconds before actually cranking the engine. That gives the fuel pump time to pressurize the system. Often you can hear the pump working when you do this.

You may want to mention it to the dealer at your next service (and perhaps test crank another Versa or two while you are there) so you have your concerns on record with the dealer.

• cnlbrian 06/25/09 12:08 am PST

Hi.

I just bought a SL Hatchback.
    SAME PROBLEM.

They told me. you have to wait 3 Sec before start...
    stupid answer.....

i dont know what to now.
    I'll go back to dealer again....

Another suggestion would be to make sure you aren't pressing the accelerator pedal before you try to crank your car. That can lean out the fuel/air mixture and cause hard starting. Better to crank the car without pressing on the gas.

I don't have a Versa manual but I looked at an '08 Sentra manual (How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online). It says before starting to turn the key to ON "to check the operation of the warning lights." That conveniently takes 5 seconds. So check your manual under the Starting and Driving section.

Top Nissan Versa Experts View More

5. igozoomzoom 10
6. sgt274 10