• avatar fatmando 09/06/08 4:03 pm PST

it's a security feature on Honda/Acura cars.

if the card with the code on it is missing, you will need to fisit your friendly local dealer and prove you are the owner of the car to have the code pulled.

be warned, some stores charge as much as an hour's labor for this service, and at $90-150/hr shop rates it might be better to jsut buy a new aftermarket stereo for your car.

Answers

• fatmando 09/06/08 4:03 pm PST

• mazdaowner2 09/06/08 5:28 pm PST

Most Acura dealers will give you the code if you have your vin #. In some cases you need to pull the radio out and get the code off of the back, then call the dealer to get your 5 digit code to deactivate the anti-theft.

Source: ASE master tech

The Honda Radio Codes Guide written by longtime CarSpace member Fezo may be of help.

Check the comments there too.

• co_listener 10/13/10 10:55 pm PST

I own a 1995 Acura Legend and I have the same problem I just got the car a week ago the dealer told me that the radio has to be pulled out and you have to get the serial number off the back of the radio, then contact an Acura dealer and they will give you the code for free.

Top Entertainment System Experts View More

6. boomchek 50
7. lokki 45