• avatar tony78 06/07/09 10:32 pm PST

1. You need to address the first issue,,,the check engine light and the egr and temp sensor problem.

When you have this issue resolved,,,then move to the next issue.

You need to perform repairs in a logical order,,,right now,,you are jumping all over the place.

Do not buy any more parts,,until you correctly check the components on your engine.

You will go broke,,before you resolve the problem.

You need to get a service manual for your car.

The service manual will show you something that is called a " Flow Chart ".

Professional mechanics use the Flow Chart,,,so they can find the problem quickly..and so they don't have to waste any money replacing parts that are working correctly.

You can get a service manual at the dealer,,an auto parts supply store,,,or at the reference desk in your local library.

Answers

• tony78 06/07/09 10:32 pm PST

• jmartin64 06/08/09 5:51 am PST

I agree about the going broke part, I do have a Chilton’s repair manual I do not see a flow chart. “Error code” stated random misfire and I do not see that in the code list at all. Still need any good suggestion on correcting “Random Misfire”… Thanks again…

• waterggoo 07/06/09 2:11 pm PST

this could help

1998 Chevy S-10 Blazer misfire cylinder 4, sometimes random cylinder. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor new. Maybe fuel injector?

1998 S10 blazer 4.3 misfire cylinder 4 code P0304 sometimes random cylinder misfire code P0300. Plugs, Wires, Cap, and Rotor new. Maybe fuel injector ??. This does not happen all the time. This happens sometimes at idle or just above idle. It shakes sometimes relay bad (maybe torque converter shudder) driving about 35 or 40 miles per hour. I was wondering if a transmission solenoid could cause this misfire code. About six months prior had a transmission code 1870 show up. installed remanufactured valve body

Amswer
    I think it is a 90% probability you have a bad or clogged #4 fuel injector. I would pull the spark plug and do a compression check of that cylinder. If the compression is good (140+psi), then test the injector. If you get a pulse on the injector with a noid light, you might want to try an injector cleaning service that presure cleans the injectors with solvent.

• extreme02 08/17/10 4:23 pm PST

so far it sounds like your having the same problem i was having with both a 96 and an 02 blazer in every order you have had must be a normal thing. check to make sure your belt tensioner is still holding tight. the slightest loss of tension can result in the problems your having. the part is about $40 bucks but you might find it online cheaper and it s simple to change with only one bolt. after i changed mine and started the engine the light went off a few seconds later and its ran like new ever since.

• reowen 05/19/11 7:42 pm PST

Change the cap and rotor too. I had the same problems and the other day when it was wet and damp the car would not start at all. Just sputter. Changed the cap and rotor and she started right up. I had changed the plugs and wires a few weeks back and thought that did the trick as the Blazer was running well. It also had been very dry. As soon as wet weather came in, problems started. I spoke with a mechanic who told me he pulled his hair out trying to solve this issue and changing the cap and rotor did the trick

ALso works on V8 and V6 engines. The way they mold the cap the leads cris cross each other and short out

• doogens 12/26/12 4:57 pm PST

S10 blazers with 4.3 are prone Moisture for in the dist. cap when you change out your cap take some electrical tape and tape the bottom edge of the cap prior to install this will help keep out the
    Moisture
    The moisture is from the evaporation up the back side of engine compartment

Top Engine Indicator Lights Experts View More