Answers

• 0patience 01/29/10 4:00 pm PST

Fuse 27 in the instrument panel fuse box.
    But, it the fuse is good, there is also battery saver relay, central timer module and interior lamp relay that controls the courtesy lamp illumination.
    And the door switches can also cause problems, they are located in the door latch itself.

• airwolf1 01/29/10 4:18 pm PST

ok, in slot 27 there was no fuse there. what type of fuse goes there? i tried a 10, 15, 75, none seemed to work. i played around with the dome switch and diff bulbs, still no light. fuses were good
    where is the switch you spoke of in the door latch? and what kind of stupid idea did ford have for putting a switch in a door latch in the first place heheh

• 0patience 01/29/10 5:37 pm PST

It shows fuse 27 as a 10 Amp fuse in the diagrams.

The switch in the door latch is internal to the latch assembly. Unfortunately, the only way to check them is to pull the door panels.
    And I agree that it is a stupid thing to do to put the switch into the latch.

• airwolf1 01/29/10 9:07 pm PST

ok i tried different 10 amp fuses in slot 27, and messed with the dome switch and different bulbs...no results

• raykeith7 02/17/12 10:20 pm PST

I have the same problem- no dome or backup lights.

What was Ford thinking when they supplied a maintaince manual showing a fuse layout that is not what my 97 Ranger actually has?

If you find out, please let me know.

Top Ford Ranger Experts View More