Answers

I found the TSB that supersedes the summary you found (just updates the model years) via my public library online. I parked a copy of the TSB on my CarSpace page. Hit Answer this Question to reply if you can't view it for some reason.

Source: http://www.carspace.com/guides/Online-R
    e...

• mellowsub 06/05/09 12:14 am PST

Steve,
    Thanks for the detailed TSB. This van was apparently driven on dusty country roads, and the vent system might well be plugged with dirt. I followed the hose back to the canister, where I see a mirror image of the diagram but more complex --the hose enters the canister at the left, then exits the other end into the separator, then on to a smaller electronic component ( the canister vent valve ?), then on to a rectangular black box, then out the hose that vents to the air. Guess I missed it but surely there's also a vacuum line back up to the engine?

I'm stumped at removing the plastic hose connector at the canister inlet ( my older E150 had no such ) -- is there a trick or special tool required? I bought the only manual I could find (Haynes), but it doesn't cover the evap system. Can you point me to a more detailed source of repair info for this van?

In the meantime I'll try straightening the kink in the filler hose.

I use the links in the Online Repair Manuals Guide, especially the Auto Repair Reference Center database my library subscribes too. But the links can be hit or miss and some make/models have better coverage than others.

Maybe someone who's a real mechanic will weigh in.

• dkirs 07/28/12 11:06 pm PST

wow this is an old question but i know lots of people r have this issue

ok what i have found is and this is no b.s there is a spider web in the vent line i have done 6 of these personaly loosen the hose clamp on small vent hose on filler neck and remove hose disconnect hose at canister it is above the spare tire u may need to remove spare tire now blow air thru hose at filler the small rubber hose u removed at the filler neck to the evp canister also i blow thru the metal piece back toward the filler cap remove filler cap there is normally a spider web in that hose on one van he had over two hund thou and drove grave roads had to replace canister i pull all hoses and blow thru them all easy test is to low on fuel remove canister vent inlet hose drivers side and try and fill if fills easy normally u have something plugged most likely a spider web if not remove vent siliniod by drivers shock rear shock air shoud pass thru that sensor with key off it should b open seen that silinoid stick there u go at least u have something to try please dont leave the evp vent hose off cause u can get fuel in lots of vapors will emit and possib fuel good luck experiance

Source: exp

Top Fuel System Experts View More