Answers

yeah the book says you have to disarm and remove the air bag and the entire steering wheel, the lock and part of the post from the universal joint.

If you aren't sure about all this you should probably buy the service manual or get a subscription to ALLDATA DIY to show you how to do it. I think you'll also need to do some re-setting by computer if your car has dynamic stability control (setting the steering wheel angle).

I don't think this work is technically difficult but you have to know what to do.

• bwbu 04/15/13 4:01 pm PST

I was able to remove the heater core and install it by completely removing the bracket under the hood that holds the heater core pipes connecting them to the heater hoses. This allow you to move the heater core pipes out of the way enough to slide the heater core out and then down slightly after you have gotten it about 70% out. After you have installed the heater core and gotten the pipes connected to the core, reinstall the bracket under the hood. This made the job a lot easier and no further parts needed to be removed. If you need help or have questions feel free to ask.

Top Heating / Cooling Heater Experts View More

7. alaskanj 120