Answers

It has nothing to do with the blend door. You most probably have a clogged heater core that's easy to fix. With the engine at normal operating temperature and the heat on, feel the 2 hoses going into and out of the heater core through the firewall. If they are cold, your heater core is clogged. You can flush the heater core by disconnecting the hoses and connecting your water hose to one end with the other hose set to drain. Turn your water on and off repeatedly to pulse the pressure and dislodged the gunk untill the water runs clear and then reconnect the 2 hoses. Make sure you disconnect the battery before you do this and towel dry the engine before you restart it. If the hoses are hot, you should check the heater control valve for proper operation. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• acepkr 10/08/09 1:21 pm PST

I'm not that car savvy. Will have the anti-freeze flushed produce a similar results by a dealer or jiffy lube?

Yes, if the obstruction is minor a chemical flush should clear out the heater core. Make sure they put the heater on full when they flush it out. I don't have anything good to say about most Jiffy Lubes. I would use a good independent mechanic. I would go to Car Talk’s Mechanics Files site at:

http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/fi
    nd.html

Enter your zip code and you will get a list of mechanics in your area that other consumers have used and highly recommend. Look for ones that specialize in the make of your car. Call 2-3 of them and ask for a ballpark figure on a flush. I have personally used this site with great success to find good honest mechanics and can highly recommend it. Good luck!

• acepkr 10/10/09 11:20 am PST

Unfortunately the flush did not solve this issue. What would be the next logical cause?

Flushing out the core as I mentioned. One other possible problem is the heater control valve.

• acepkr 10/12/09 12:51 pm PST

What is the reccommended actions with regard to the heater control valve?

• acepkr 10/30/09 1:05 pm PST

It was the heater control value. Repair cost at dealer $520.00 :(

Wow, that was expensive for a heater control valve! Sorry you had to go to the dealer on it.

Top Heating / Cooling Heater Experts View More

7. alaskanj 120