Answers

• wern10 04/13/08 12:31 pm PST

I understand your position.Thats why I like carspace,I'm a mechanic and they let me tell my secrets to peple who dont trust other people like me,but I do understand,most garages see a woman and they think WOW! an easy $ ....well lets get to it. first, if you hold the brake tite and put it in any gear and give it a little gas does the engine feel or look like its raisingp far beyond what would seem is normal?or hold the brake and put it in reverse and quickly give it gas and let off really quick dos the engine raise way up and SLAM back down?I'm asking because it could be a bad motor mount and the engine has to much ive in reverse and its grinding a half shaft
    "axle"if not then e transmission has lost some teeth on the reverse gear.many transmission shops offer free inspections and most transshops like AAMCO,and IT "independent transmission" are very reputable and they have a client base large enough to where yout have to worry about them takin advantage of you because of gender.after you perform the engine mount test,the only other ing you can do is a visual inspection of the front suspension.raise and support the front of your vehicle make sure it is supported firmly,and get under the vehicle and and inspect axles and all other parts connected to the engine/trans and the contact points of the engine mounts to the frame,if you know your mechanic,but you dont trust him,have him put your car o the lift and have the owner or supervisor draw up a liability waiver for you to sign,so you can be there with the techs as they inspect your vehicle.now, this waiver isn't valid in all states due to insurance regulation,a local business insurance agent can ell you if your state qualifies and he/she can give you a waiver...I'm sorry your mechanic has you feeling that way, but trust me not all of us are like that.I'd rather have you as a permanent customer coming everyday just to talk than to score big one time and never see you as a customer again...I hope this gives you some insite...Please no matter what you do be careful,cars are dangerous whether driving theor maintancing them..good luck

This is an automatic tranmission, right?

I think you have an internal transmission problem. By all means check the fluid level, if it's okay you may need to drop the transmission oil pan and inspect it for debris.

Top Transmission Automatic Experts View More

4. fordfan_17 830