• avatar mastertech19 04/18/10 5:06 pm PST

your going to have to check fuses first if good then remove the rear panel cover the rear door. Locate the wiper motor harness and connector check for power 12volts and ground .04ohms and if u have that then i would buy a wiper motor for it and install it. Sometimes just hit the wiper motor a few times with a hammer and it will go. Then u no it need to be replaced good luck let me know what u find.

Answers

• mastertech19 04/18/10 5:06 pm PST

• aukman 04/18/10 6:58 pm PST

So I checked the Manual and it says the fuse is located under the instrument panel on the passanger side - Here's the problem - Short of unscrewing the entire dash and pulling it out I can't see where the fuse panel would be - Wouldn't it or shouldn't it be something that's pretty easy to spot if I needed to change a fuse? Should I rip the Dash apart? Can you provide any direction?

• aukman 04/18/10 7:28 pm PST

Found the Fuse block - Asked another owner driving by. I wanted to Thank MASTERTECH19 - Did what you said about knocking the motor and Boom it worked - Much appreciated.

• mastertech19 04/19/10 12:26 pm PST

np thats what we are all here for glad i could be of help

• yenca615 05/23/11 12:19 am PST

how does one remove the panel on the liftgate? I always get stuck and can't get it removed.

• uplander3 07/02/11 1:04 pm PST

The rear wiper on the uplander is a common BOSCH unit and is very prone to one very small but very easy ( and CHEAP to fix ) problem. The shaft that goes through the glass on the rear hatch needs to have new grease.Thats it......If you think you need a new wiper motor try this.......take off your old wiper motor and remove the star drive screws that hold this thing together.Now pull this thing appart. Dont be afaid to do this remember you think that you are going to buy a new one anyway right. Inside you will see the electric motor with a worm gear thar turns a big yellow(or white) plastic wheel.sitting on top of that is a funky metal linkage that is connected to the BOTTOM of the shaft.On the TOP end of the shaft you will need to remove the small plastic ring and under that the small rubber o-ring. Now you need to pull the shaft and the linkage out of the unit. They should just pull out with no effort BUT you will find that they are stuck because all the grease has gone hard around the shaft stopping it from moving.Use a little penitrating oil around the shaft and work at it and it will come out. Now use a little break cleaner to clean the shaft and linkage ,apply new grease and put the thing back together again. PROBLEM SOLVED......try it .....trust me you dont need a new motor :-) If you really want to be lazy you dont even have to take the car apart just unbolt the rear wiper arm and remove thearm fron the car then clean the end of the shaft andunder all that dirt you will see the small plastic ring and under that the small o-ring .....remove both of these.now spray some penitrating oil down the shaft.give it a little timeand spray some more.try the rear wiper,if your lucky it will start to turn.put it all back together again.

• johnsonnor 11/20/12 12:35 pm PST

@uplander3 - I removed the nut holding my arm unto the shaft but how do I remove the arm from the shaft? Lots of dust and corrosion in there from the dirt roads. I am not afraid to push or pull but would appreciate knowing which direction to do so. Thanks much

• cheescrn 07/13/13 7:02 pm PST

Thanks @uplander3 for saving me $300 to have the chevy dealer replace the rear wiper motor on our 2005 Uplander. Took about an hour to remove the wiper motor, open the motor assembly and work enough wd-40 on the shaft to break it loose and then put everything back together again. I had some grease left over from repairing a kitchen mixer that worked great for lubricating the shaft and gears in the wiper motor housing. Works like it is brand new now. Also, there is a video on YouTube on how to replace the wiper motor on a Chevy Venture - http://youtu.be/KT64_z7pGQc - that is similar to what you would do on the Uplander.

Top Electrical Wipers Experts View More