Answers

• thecardoc3 07/13/13 7:05 am PST

Use the seatbelt?

• srs_49 07/14/13 12:53 pm PST

I had to turn off the chime in my 2005 Dakota because it would chime continuously (or every 15 sec of so) even though I had the seat belt fastened. So, contrary to Cardoc3, simply fastening the seat belt does always turn off the warning.

Anyway, I found the two wires in the seat belt harness that went to the seat belt latch switch, cut them, and spliced the two ends together. Voila, no chime.

• michaelkelley 07/14/13 1:57 pm PST

It is always better to follow traffic rules and wear seat belts while driving.

Still, to turn off the seat belt alarm one must follow below steps :

1. Put the key into the ignition and fasten your safety belt. Turn the vehicle to the "on" position, but don't start the engine. Wait for the safety belt light to turn off on the instrument panel.

2. Fasten and unfasten your safety belt three times within one minute of turning the vehicle to the "on" position. Then fasten the seat belt one last time.

3. Turn the key to the "lock" position. You should hear the bell chime one time. This is an indication that the Ram's Belt Alert system has been turned off.

• thecardoc3 07/14/13 6:26 pm PST

@srs

What are the possible results or complications of bypassing the seat belt buckled input for the supplemental restraint system?

• srs_49 07/15/13 7:20 am PST

Cardoc3-

In my case, I really don't care about the SRS, just so that it doesn't go off in my face when I'm driving down the road.

Don't like it (SRS), don't want it, and would buy a vehicle without it if that were possible nowadays. I would much rather have a 4-point harness than the SRS. In fact, one of the reasons I bought my '96 Sentra SE-R is that it did not come with an air bag system.

Top Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Experts View More

4. wern10 45
6. rustedorbusted 25
7. srs_49 25