Edmunds Answers



  • karjunkie 10/22/08 5:03 pm PST

    There are quite a few types of cars today with sealed automatic transmissions,Yours will have a plug screwed into the front of the trans near the coolant lines.It has an 11 mm [7/16] head. Unscrew it and then check the level by finding if the fluid is right at the level of the hole with the engine warm, running and in park. It's topped off by adding fluid until it starts to run out the hole. For a fluid change you do the same as a regular transmission. Remove the pan and filter, drain the fluid, replace the filter, replace the pan and fill the tranny to the overflow hole. Thats it. Good luck!


Top Transmission Automatic Experts View More

Rank Leader Points
1. karjunkie 5325
2. MrShift@Edmunds 3835
3. zaken1 1245
4. fordfan_17 840
5. snowball2 670
6. texases 525
7. tony78 520