Answers

This vehicle has the GM pass-key III immobilizer anti-theft system. You should first try to reset the system in accordance with your owner's manual. To permanently disable the system you need to ground the arm/diasarm wire in the driver's side kick plate. It is black and orange. Once Located, splice into this wire a similar gauge wire and attach it to a solid chassis ground. This terminates the alarm functions entirely. However, at this point, the car would be exceedingly easy to steal, so I suggest you get an aftermarket alarm system to protect it.

• mitchd 07/14/09 7:42 pm PST

Thanks for the information, I will try to locate the wire.

• djbmw1 02/06/11 1:03 pm PST

I just had to deal with this headache on a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. After replacing the alternator, the Anti Theft light came on solid and would not allow me to start the car. I tried the "10 minute" fix... that didnt work. I tried cutting the yellow wire from the Passlock .. that didnt work...

The car simply would not budge.

So here's How i fixed it -

There is the anti-theft relay in the engine bay, in front of the rad. If you're standing in front of the car, looking at the engine, the relay is just slightly right of the center of the car, attached right by the rad. Disconnect the connector. Get a thin wire and jump the terminals on the right (top and bottom). They will spark and fry that terminal of the relay. Plug your connector back in and start it up!

Bingo

• brummell 08/27/11 2:24 pm PST

Read before you do anything

djbmw1 The guy above. His answer is wrong. This Relay/Modual is to your starter. You spark any of the wires, your gonna have issue's. Thankfully he said the right top and bottom. Once you spark those 2 together, your wire will either get hot and burn your finger, Then if you continue to do this, you will blow your wire thats about 2 inches out from the starter. You will have to replace the wire in order for your starter to work. This also could blow your starter. Then your into far more issue's to begin with.

Believe me, I did it and thats what happen to me today. Yes I am mad.

What I have done was called my local GM Dealer. Talk to a Machanic over this issue. He said this

Start your car

leave it on for 10 mins

The Anti theft should time out

Do this up to 3 times

Of course thats all he gave me.

Then I went the other rout. a few post's up said if I go into my Driver side Kick plate, I could splice into the Orange and Black wire. Ground it. There is a ground bult by your seat under the carpet.

I done this. It had a small spark. I was like yay it worked. Started the car. The same thing was still there. The car stopped running and I was back to where I started.

I have more then likely screwed my few pump from this trick.

I have done the battery trick 30 mins, then 1 hr, then 1 day.

Still nothing.

To be honest, I do not have any idea how to figure this out. Your wife is going nuts and I am freaking.

If anyone has a true way to bypass this thing without going and paying 145 dollers for a bypass key

Help us......

Sincerly....

I'm on Facebook and a legit person with a legit name given and legit answer with I have done it and it didnt work.

Top Security System Car Alarms Experts View More

6. mira44 65
7. magnum10 35