1. Remove front driveshaft with 14mm box wrenches. Two flanges- front diff and transfer case output shaft
2. Put on bench and removed all snap rings with pliers
3. Using a large socket pound the bearings out
4. Then use a vise grips to remove the caps
5. Reinstall is the exact opposite. Tap them in with a hammer
6. When they provide resistance just use a touch of grease so that the bearing caps slide in better.
There are two, basic, types of universal joints, not surprisingly called Type A and Type B. The only real difference is the clips used to retain the bearing cups; otherwise the replacement procedure is the same.
Type A has a C-Clip that sits in a groove inside the yoke to hold the bearing caps in place. These are removed by using a small tip punch or chisel to pop the C-Clips out.
Type B has a Spicer Snap Ring that sits in a groove outside the yoke to hold the beraing caps in place. These are removed by using a pair of pliers to squeeze the e-clip together and pull it out. Most times you will need to tap the bearing cap in somewhat to make removing the Spicer Snap Ring easier.
If you don't see clips on the outside of the u joint yoke, you have a Type A universal joint.