Answers

• tony78 01/02/09 11:58 pm PST

if the tranny does go boom,,the repair cost will be at least 1/2 of what he is selling it for.

If you are really interested in buying it,,take the car to a mechanic of your choice and tell the mechanic you are thinking of buying the car and you would like him to give the car a complete inspection.

A word of caution here,,do not go to a mechanic that the seller recommends,,the bias here should be obvious to you.

If everything looks good with the inspection you may ask the seller to split the cost of the inspection with you.

Now if the car was taken care of it should go another 100k.

Of course upon your delivery you should have the car completely serviced.

TMV for the coupe is $11,746 and the 4 door is about the same for my zip code. I didn't plug in all the accessories, color, etc. You can appraise it yourself at Edmunds and get a private party TMV customized for you. But the price seems ok.

I have a '99 Nissan and I finally got around to changing (partially - just did a drain and fill) the transmission fluid at about that mileage. Never a hiccup with the transmission. It's always a bit of a gamble, new or used. I have 130,000 miles on my Nissan now and it's showing its age and it probably will get sold before it makes it another 10,000 miles.

There's a Used Car Buying Checklist that you may want to look at but the best advice is Tony's - have your own mechanic check it out. Since the seller isn't the original owner, ordering a CarFax could be useful, and the Infiniti dealer may be willing to look up the maintenance record on it if you provide the dealer the VIN.

Top Infiniti G35 Experts View More

3. obyone 135
6. bandit10 45