Well, this is a lot of info to try and cram into this small space. First you have to take out the steering column.
I would recommend that you subscribe to ALL DATA DIY for $26 for the year and they'll give you all the step by steps and diagrams you'll need. Here's a sample, below, of what you'll get (this is just for the intermediate shaft, not the steering column removal)
good luck. The $26 bucks buys you info on any repair on your car, for the whole year.
Intermediate Steering Shaft Replacement
- Remove the Steering column.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
- Remove the left front tire.
Remove the pinch bolt at the power steering gear stub shaft.Remove the intermediate shaft from the power steering gear stub shaft.Remove the intermediate steering shaft.
- Install the intermediate shaft to the power steering gear stub shaft.
- Install the pinch bolt to the power steering gear stub shaft. Tighten the power steering gear pinch bolt to 47 Nm (35 ft. lbs.).
- Install the left front tire.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the steering column.