• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 03/19/09 11:23 am PST

Is the key in the ignition when you try to charge the battery? If not, try putting it in, BY ITSELF (no other keys on the ring) and make sure the key ring is not hanging over the key itself. See if that works and let us know.

I can only find procedures for coding new keys---not sure why this is happening but obviously your key is not being recognized for some reason. You might ask the dealer's service department. Lexus service is often quite helpful. Worth a shot.

I wonder what would happen if you took the battery OUT and recharged it?

Answers

• ralphp21 03/19/09 2:15 pm PST

Thanks. I can't remember if the key was in or not. I'll give it a try when I get back home in April. Hope your idea works.
    Best regards,
    Ralph

If not I'll cheerfully refund your money Ralph :)

Hope it works. If the computer recognizes your key, that should do it. Please let us know.

• ralphp21 04/05/09 11:36 pm PST

This is for Mr. Shiftright. Got home, put in the key and your suggestion worked like a charm. Car is charged and no alarm. Thanks so much for your help.
    Best regards,
    Ralph

• odycee 10/24/11 1:27 am PST

Same thing happened to me the the alarm went off but I used the VALET key while charging the dead battery. I went back inserted NON-VALET key then everything worked fine.

Top Lexus RX 300 Experts View More

1. la4mead 130
3. zolecki 60
6. obyone 35
7. dan_juls 25