Well I don't have a workshop manual for this car, but I'll keep looking around.
Here's how to replace the seal itself:
- With transaxle separated from engine, pry out rear seal with screwdriver. Do not nick or damage crankshaft flange seal surface or retainer bore.
- Inspect shaft seal surface for nicks or dirt. Polish with 400 grit sandpaper if necessary.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- Seal should be installed dry, with "THIS SIDE OUT" mark facing away from block.
- Use pilot tool No. 6926-1, seal installation tool No. 6926-2 and handle tool No. C-4171, or equivalents, to install seal. Do not drive seal beyond flush with block surface.
RACK AND PINION
Is this manual steering or power steering?