WARNING: Do not smoke while working on the fuel system. Keep
open flame away from your work area. Make sure the engine is OFF before
relieving the fuel
- Relieve the fuel
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel tank filler cap.
- Use a box end wrench on the 6mm service bolt at the top of the fuel
filter, while holding the special banjo bolt with another wrench.
- Place a rag or shop towel over the 6mm service bolt and SLOWLY
loosen the 6mm service bolt one complete turn.
- Remove the fuel
- Disconnect the fuel lines and connector.
- Remove the fuel pump mounting nuts.
- Reverse procedure to install. Torque fuel pump mounting nuts to 4
lb-ft (6 Nm). Torque fuel line bolt to 20 lb-ft (28 Nm).
- Replace washers as shown in the illustration. CAUTION:
Do not attempt to disassemble the fuel pump, it is not designed to be