Answers

Basically, your on board computer is telling you your catalytic converter is not working properly. As you know, you have a sensor in front and in back of the converter. The computer compares the waveforms from each sensor. If the sensor waveform before and after the cat are the same, then the cat is not working. You should have an analysis of the waveforms at each sensor analyzed at a shop and, if they are the same, Magnaflow should replace the cat if it is still under warranty.

• jwilsny 10/14/08 5:49 pm PST

I have the same year & model with approximately the same number of miles. Same error code. I also changed out the catalytic converter and O2 sensors. My cat was a universal one, not a name brand one like yours. Did you try the suggestion about the O2 sensor test? Have you noticed decreased mileage since the check engine light came on? Thanks.

Top Exhaust Emissions Experts View More