Answers

• lorea 01/28/10 12:46 pm PST

Hi, I have an 06 trailblazer at 52k and the gas gage doesn't work. I bought it at 35,500 miles and from the get go as I pump $60 to fill it up the gas gage read E. After a few miles the gage would read full. Now, I can have a full tank and the the light is on saying it is empty. My 16 yr old son talk to a few people and said that everyone they know how owns one has the same problem or got it fixed. Thank goodness, i have an extended warranty. I love my suv but what a pain in the rear.

Check out the "GM Speedometer lawsuit filed" CarSpace discussion for info about replacement gauges and to see if you qualify for the "silent recall".

• sammysue 01/29/10 11:18 am PST

Thanks for responding, unfortunately my truck has 116k miles and the lawsuit only covers to 70k. I was quoted 400-500 for my mechanic to fix. My husbands Chevy silverado gas gauge stopped working also, WOW what's up with GM cars?

There are some repair suggestions and links in that discussion that may help those of you who don't otherwise qualify for the silent recall.

And a net search will turn up some websites of people who fix the clusters cheaper than the dealer, if you can remove it yourself.

• john_martin 03/24/13 1:37 am PST

I have an 05 trailblazer and have the same problem. the only guage that works now is the temp guage. I have just delt with it because i just dont have the money to get it fixed. First it was the oil pressure, then the speedometer, then the gas, then the tach, then the volt. I called chevy and contacted my dealership every time something happened because i also know more than 5 other people that had the same problem and no help from gm. sorry i wasnt any help but you aren't the only one with a lemon trailblazer.

Top Electrical Instrument Panel Experts View More