• avatar woxof1 11/11/08 4:59 pm PST

You 1989 vette has a blend door actuator motor located on the right side, mounted to
    the back of the heater housing. Its black box with a little arm conecting to the door
    open-close arm.

If its working correctly it should move in and out opening and closing the door for heat
    temperature control.

Cant buy new. Used only I found one for $250.00.

I am trying to figure out what other models have this same motor. I cant believe its only
    on a corvette.

Answers

• tony78 11/09/08 11:27 pm PST

blend door not operating correctly

possible cable linkage issue,,or vacuum motor acctuator controler issue.

• woxof1 11/11/08 4:59 pm PST

open-close arm.

temperature control.

on a corvette.

• woxof1 11/23/08 3:32 pm PST

You have no heat because the BLEND DOOR MOTOR has died. I know becasue I just orderded one USED ONLY AVBL. And it didnt fix the problem. So I need a AC/HEAT controler.

• sprescott 10/09/09 8:27 pm PST

Somn cars use a heater control valve that is either vacume actuated or electric and dome use a blend door to regulate the outside to cabin air.The door closes and doesn't let the hot air into the cabin. check the pass side under the hood look for vacume lines GM used to use a purple line going into the heater,check for this,if it has that make sure it gets good vacume. Also under the pass side dash panle knee bolster check for line and wires,look for obstructions around the actuators and vents.If the controls are vacume,you would notice when replacing the controls you can test the door actuators with a hand held vacume pump to see if they move with vacume applyed.this pump is about $20 from most part retailers.

Also there are companies on the web that have DIY versions of the same source of info we use in the field they cost around $15 a year and will give you access to complete service manual info technical buletins,recalls and parts and labor.This is well worth the money and can save you countless hours of just locating a component,

Top Heating / Cooling Heater Experts View More

7. alaskanj 120