Answers

• docj 06/08/08 11:52 pm PST

When the low speeds go out and you only have the high speed,its a faulty blower motor resistor.
    Replace the resistor and it should be functional again

Click on the link below for part pic and information

Hope that helps

Doc J

Source: http://www.autozone.com/N,15201160/shop
    p...

• fixityourself2 07/17/11 4:09 pm PST

My blower control worked for all speeds but max speed which is lvl 4. Speeds 1,2, and 3 were fine. Changing the blower motor resistor did not fix my problem. After checking the fuses and the blower motor resistor there is only 2 other things to check and that is for damaged wiring or switch. I checked the switch first and turns out the the switch was gertting too hot and melted the socket/pigtail connector into the switch where the max speed circuit is. I struggled to get the melted switch apart but once i did and replaced the new switch it worked perfectly. Putting some anti-corrosion grease for lightbulbs may even help with it in the future but i didnt put any on.

• nothingface 11/05/11 8:00 pm PST

My speeds somehow got reversed where zero would be full power and four would be off...not sure how this happened or how to fix it. My heater doesn't work at all now...do I replace the motor itself or just the resister? Also i need to know locations of these things since i don't have an owners manual

Top Electrical Instrument Panel Experts View More