Edmunds Answers



  • zaken1 04/22/11 12:29 pm PST

    If you are a AAA member, or if anyone you know who is a AAA member can be near the vehicle when help arrives; phone them and ask them to send someone for "lockout service." They do that under their emergency road service policy. Other companies road service insurance can also do that. Alternatively, a locksmith can do that; it costs about $85 around here (northern California).

    If you are desperate to save money, someone at a local auto parts store may be able to get into the truck by using a tool called a "slim Jim." Or find a low life person and ask them to do it in exchange for a six pack of their favorite brew.


Top Ford Ranger Experts View More

Rank Leader Points
1. MrShift@Edmunds 530
2. karjunkie 490
3. zaken1 430
4. Mr_Shiftright 160
5. docj 150
6. 0patience 100
7. texases 95