Answers

• tedebear 04/03/08 10:51 pm PST

If it'll help your diagnosis, the DRLs run off the high beams. The DRL relay reduces the voltage so that the brightness is reduced.

Anyway, the low beams are on a different circuit. Did you pull the fuse to the low beams and check it?

Also, see if the high beams come on when you turn on the headlights and switch on the high beam lights.

• roadrunner19 04/04/08 9:09 pm PST

The fuse is good. We changed the headlight switch from a working car, we traced the wire from the headlight switch to the relay and there is power coming out of the relay, power up to the dimmer switch, and there is power going into the daytime driving light module.

Is there a way to disconnect the daytime driving light module and jump the wires to headlight in to headlight out?

• tedebear 04/09/08 12:48 am PST

"Is there a way to disconnect the daytime driving light module and jump the wires to headlight in to headlight out?"

First, sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I hadn't noticed your reply.

Yes, you should be able to remove the DRL relay and put a jumper across two leads in the empty relay socket and it would work like normal headlights, assuming everything downstream from that point is okay.

A wiring diagram would show which two leads in the socket you should jumper across. If you just remove the DRL relay without doing this you will not have any headlights. You might be able to Google something related to the wiring and the DRL relay that can help.

I had DRLs in my old Mercury Mystique. The relay went out. I didn't really like them anyway. I just made a short little jumper with spade connectors on both ends and inserted them tightly in the correct sockets and it worked great.

Top Lights Headlights Experts View More

6. ray80 130
7. zolecki 130