Answers

• razor14 02/23/13 11:17 pm PST

after taking my truck to 5 diffrent smog technicians, only one was familiar with this issue. I left my truck at his shop and did some diagnostics and he claimed it was 2 bad Heat O2 sensors. I had them replaced. I will keep you posted if that fixes the problem. It cost me $316 to replace two the two sensors. He claimed nothing was wrong with the regular O2 sensors.

• dealerexp 02/24/13 9:09 am PST

Take the negative battery terminal off, put it back on after 45 minutes, then, drive the truck for a week, making as many stops as you can, where you turn the truck off and go into a store for like 20 minutes. After a week, take it in, it should be ready. There is an exact procedure from Ford, but I no longer have access to it. A Ford dealer may give it to you if you ask the Service Manager nicely. Tell him you need the OBD reset instructons to reset readiness for emmissions testing. Make sure you drive at least 400 to 500 miles during the week also.

Source: Former Ford Service Director

Top Ford Excursion Experts View More

3. fordfan_17 20
5. wjtinatl 20