Answers

• ineedajob 03/31/10 9:04 pm PST

Look in your owners manual for maintenance items. This sounds like "dealer add on's", things that may or may not help with the maintenance of your car.

You can find it here:

http://www.saturn.com/assets/en/pdf/own
    ers/manuals/2007/442_2k07aura.pdf

A quick glance does NOT show that it is a requirment. Enjoy that car, Saturn makes an excellent vehicle.

Is this service indicated in your owner's manual? I doubt it.

Dealer service depts are notorious for recommending these types of snake-oil treatments because customers think they represent the manufacturer's service and they are misled by these places. Its an indication of a service dept to avoid. Do only what the owner's manual indicates. If you want to do a bit more now that our fuels are degraded with ethanol, use a bottle of Chevron Techron that you can buy on sale at your convenience (I stock up when they are "buy 1 get 1 free" at Advance Auto Parts) and use a bottle in your tank every few thousand miles.

Wallet flush! If it's not in the FACTORY manual (not some added manual put together by the dealer), don't do it. This is a favorite dealer scam.

• 0patience 04/01/10 12:34 am PST

As everyone has stated, there is no requirement for flushing your injectors. In fact, some manufacturers even have service bulletins indicating that some flushes may do more harm than good.

The only time a flush (injection, transmission or cooling system) may do any good, is if there is a problem that indicates it is needed. The rest of the time, it is a waste of money.

As was stated, most of today's fuels are such that the additives in them don't warrant any fuel system cleaning other than scheduled fuel filter replacement.

If it is a dealer saying that it is a required service, challenge them. Tell them to show you in the owner's manual where it specifically states it is required, or for that matter, even recommended.
    It's not.

• isellhondas 04/06/10 11:22 am PST

I have never had the injectors cleaned on any car I have ever owned (that's a lot) and I have NEVER had a clogged injector!

Top Saturn Aura Experts View More

1. gmcustsvcsarah 25
2. stever 25
4. motorstreet 10