• avatar canddmeyer 10/26/08 3:56 am PST

Try another dealer. If you drove it 20 miles once a week, that would be more than enough. Also check the lemon laws in your state. If BMW has to cough up a new vehicle for you, I'd bet it gets fixed really quick.

Answers

• canddmeyer 10/26/08 3:56 am PST

• bmlexus 10/26/08 7:41 pm PST

Your talking about the new current generation x5 correct? It really makes me depress after reading these bmw troubles.

• daisybuttons 10/27/08 1:43 am PST

Well I can tell you from my own experience with a 2005 Hyundai Tucson-At least you are getting a warning-I didn't have that warning-if my suv sat for a few a days and at the last only for a few hours without being started it would result in me having to jump it off-anyways I did some research-discovered that others were having the same problem-but when I went to the dealership, they said it was because I was leaving something on-and I said-NO-I turned everything off religiously-what I found out on my research was there was a problem with the radio-bad wiring or whatever was telling the computer that it was on-even though it wasn't-I finally took it back to the dealership and told them-You just park it and wait a few hours and it will be dead-They ended up doing what I said-they replaced the radio-but I did have someone in here to tell me that it did have a parasitic drain-tony78-told me this-and he was very correct! So yours may not be the radio-but it does sound like it has a parasetic drain-and you do need to take it back to the dealership and tell them to keep it and find out what the problem is and fix it!! My dealership finally told me after they fixed the problem that they did get a notice a few months after replacing the battery in my car the first few times I had this problem-they didn't notify me! Hope this helps-I know how bothersome this can be!! I almost lost my job because of it!

• sa_liat 11/07/08 11:48 pm PST

I have the same problem, but add to that other phantom error messages that the dealer tells me are related to the lower voltage in the battery. The dealer charged the battery up and it lasted about a month before the same issues began again.

• likecarz 11/09/08 9:23 pm PST

I have a 2008 X5 4.8...and the battery has died 3 times. Twice after setting the cabin heater to come on at 7 AM...battery was dead at 7:30...and today after i had the cabin lights on for 30 mins while I did some interior work to the car. SHOULD NOT HAPPEN at all. Can't wait to see what the dealer says.I called to report the problem after the first 2 occurances...they told me to bring it in. I asked them to check the history of the car..they said they had it on the lot for nearly 11 months...and had to change the battery once before I took delivery (only 10 miles on it) because it was sitting around so long???? Weird. ...I drive the car about 300 miles per week. which should not be the problem... I'll keep you posted.

Top Electrical Battery Experts View More