Answers

Per the 08 Wrangler owner's manual:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (don't start the engine).

2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.

You may have to repeat these steps if the oil change message lights up when you start the Wrangler.

If you haven't serviced the Jeep, you can turn the change oil message off temporarily by pressing and releasing the Trip Odometer button on the instrument cluster.

You can find an online copy of the owner's manual via How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online.

• citizenx 11/02/08 9:33 pm PST

I have to agree with the previous poster, that IS indeed what the Owner's Manual states. Getting it reset by doing so, that may be another story though. I changed the oil on my 2008 Wrangler and went through the procedure to reset the "change oil" message as stated in the Owner's Manual. I tried this 3X. The message did not go away. Then I drove it up the street to a maintenance shop and they laughed and tried it....they failed...then I laughed. I went back over the Owners Manual again, but could see nothing different. I am going to try it again once more this morning before talking to the Dealer. I'm hoping it's something simple I missed....

Am I the only one that thinks this a complete nuisance to do after every oil change? Couldn't they have found an easier way?

Also, keep this in mind--->http://project-jk.com/images
    /tsb/TSB_08-013-08.pdf

Top Oil Experts View More

7. coolrunning 200