• avatar zaken1 09/05/11 3:37 am PST

If you can contact the last owner, and if it turns out that they used one particular brand and weight of oil in the car for the last several years; it is often better for an engine to use the same brand and weight of oil that has been used in it; rather than to change brands. Changing oil brands can be a shock to an engine, and can sometimes lead to problems.

If you cannot find out about the oil usage history: I would go one of two ways. The absolute best oil which can be used in this car is Mobil 1 full synthetic; in only their 0W-40 weight. But it is expensive; the price has recently increased to more than $7.00 per quart, and it is sometimes hard to find in stores. Any store that sells Mobil 1 can order this viscosity, if they don't already stock it. It can also be purchased from Mobil oil distributors.

If you prefer to use a less expensive oil; I would use Pennzoil Gold Synthetic Blend in 10w-30.

I would use a Fram Tough Guard # TG6607 oil filter on this motor.

Answers

Top Oil Experts View More

7. coolrunning 200