Answers

Try disconnecting the power wire to the alternator when you park the car, and not putting it back on until you are ready to start it again. If this eliminates the problem; the alternator has a shorted diode, and must be replaced.

• vvillalobos 03/31/09 9:44 pm PST

I have the same problem , i went through each fuse and found out the radio was drainig alot of the battery at 3.76 amps when the car was off, i don't know about cars much but the battery has'nt drained so far . i'll get back to you tomorrow when i try to start it . no one could tell me what was happening either so im troubleshooting it myself i hope this works .

• msdiem510 07/15/09 5:27 pm PST

I have the same issue with my 99 malibu. Come to find out that the radio was installed incorrectly as it worked when the key was out. This used up a lot of amps than normal on a car that should be off. Also, the car alarm was installed incorrectly so it ate up a lot of amps, as well. So I had to get the old alarm fully taken out and a new alarm installed. Same with the radio. This resolved the issue, but until I could get this done, I found myself taking out certain fuses everytime I parked my car so the battery wouldn't drain. When I was ready to go, I would put the fuses back in and it would start up. I'm not sure if it would be the same for you, but it worked, in the meantime...Good luck...

Top Electrical Battery Experts View More