• avatar Stever@Edmunds 08/22/09 3:22 pm PST

Some auto parts stores loan out tools if you buy parts from them. That's where I'd start. They may have a hub remover/replacer equivalent that'll work.

Looks like you may also need a differential rotator tool if you are doing the left halfshaft (T81P-4026-A or equivalent).

I suppose you could buy them through your Ford dealer parts department.

Answers

• knixter 08/22/09 3:34 pm PST

First place I started, sorry, I should have said in the first place. Autozone has the part but not the tool. Tried google but no answers

You may be out of luck unless you can figure out a way to make a "universal" puller work. By the time you try to get one from Ford, it'll be cheaper to have the dealer do the work.

I assume you've looked at pics of the tool in a manual somewhere (I have a shot of one if you need one).

You may want to check with the techs at Raxles.com too.

• knixter 08/22/09 8:24 pm PST

You're probably right. I'm just hoping somebody knows where besides ford, i can get one. I don't have the facilities to make the tool, made one back in Michigan when I had a shop. Getting the old one out should be no problem bit pulling the new one back through will be the issue. I have the manual so I don't need the pics but thannks any how

• jwilliams56 01/01/12 10:27 am PST

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=for
    d+contour+hub+installer+&_trksid=p5
    197.c0.m627

Source: from ebay

Top Engine Strange Noises Experts View More

7. sandman235 130