• avatar snowball2 10/26/09 9:38 pm PST

THERE ARE 2 SOLENOIDS THAT SHOULD BE REPLACED WHEN THESE CODES COME UP THEY ARE GOVERNOR PRESSURE SENSOR AND THE GOVERNOR PRESSURE SOLENOID VERY EASY TO REPLACE NO NEED TO REMOVE THE VALVE BODY JUST THE PAN 6 BOLTS HOLD THESE ON THE VALVE BODY,AND I WOULD NOT BOTHER WITH SEAFOAM,THERE ARE A COUPLE OF VERY FINE FILTER SCREENS IN THIS TRANS THEY MIGHT GET CLOGGED,AND A FLUID FILTER CHANGE WONT TAKE CARE OF AN ELECTRICAL CODE

Answers

These codes relate to the governor pressure sensor in the valve body. They do not require a full rebuild of the tranny, but they do require removal of the valve body and replacement of the sensor. Cost of repair should be about $300 or so You can try a fluid and filter change first to see if that clears the problem as you may just have a lot of gunk in the valve body. I would run some Seafoam Trans Tune in the tranny for a few days and then drain and replace the fluid. Do not do a power flush as this can cause more problems than it fixes. Also, be very careful to use the correct ATF+4 type fluid as these trannys react badly to anything else. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

• snowball2 10/26/09 9:38 pm PST

• tim5281 08/14/11 11:50 pm PST

Dodge TSB 21-04-00. Have PCM flashed. My truck has same codes. Going to have PCM flashed tomorrow.

Top Transmission Automatic Experts View More

4. fordfan_17 840