• avatar tony78 02/02/10 12:26 pm PST

That lemon ruling only applies if you purchased this car brand new, not if you purchased a used car.

Did you get the car from a private party,,or did you buy it at a pontiac dealer ?

If you bought it from a private party,,then you are on your own and all the repairs will be out of pocket.

If you bought it from a dealer, you must of got some type of warranty, and if it keeps having the same issue, then that will be documented.

If the dealer can't fix it, then it will be the dealers responsibility to find some one who can.

A car that shuts off while driving is a safety issue.

Contact your state dept. of consumer affairs,,better buisness bureau,,bureau of automotive repair,,etc

Answers

• tony78 02/02/10 12:26 pm PST

• golden16 02/02/10 12:39 pm PST

Thanks very much for answering my question. I was just told by a mechanic that the Ignition Control Module may need to be replaced as this would not show up when hooked up to the computer (if there was a problem). My car only shuts off after I have been driving for about 45 minutes or so, something is heating up, causing the engine to shut off.

I bought this car from a dealer ( but not a Pontiac Dealer). Regardless, you answer made me feel somewhat better.
    I can not go with The Lemon Law, but you gave me other avenues. Thanks very much!

Top Electrical Experts View More