Answers

The drain is never internal as it has to drain to the outside of the cabin. In most vehicles it is a small 1-2" hose that exits through the firewall under the hood on the passenger side. If you use a flashlight you should be able to locate it quite easily as it is the only rubber hose that goes nowhere as it is a drain.. Once you locate it, you can use a 2-3 foot section of 1/4" rubber hose to unclog it by running this smaller hose in and out of the drain hose till you get a big rush of water. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

• duhbie 09/02/09 6:17 pm PST

Thanks for the input karjunkie. I found a dark circle with spongey looking foam around it in the firewall, but no rubber hose. We had problems with mice last month and now I'm thinking maybe the mouse ate it?! Water was dripping from the hole and I used a metal clothes hanger to try to ream it out. Was able to force it about a foot into the firewall, but didn't have much success beyond that. Tried to use the shop vac too but that got no results. Guess I'll have to take it in.

Yes I think you found it and the mice must have eaten the hose and possibly got in there. I once found a mouse nest in my fan blower wheel after I found my fan would not come on when I turned on the heat. They can be very destructive and chew through wires as well. Good luck!

Top Heating / Cooling Air Conditioner Experts View More