Answers

• isellhondas 06/17/13 3:18 pm PST

You will need a Driver's License and insurance before they can deliver the car.

Why not just practice a bit and get your license?

Around here they give licenses to people who literally can't drive!

I've had the pleasure of riding with some of these people!

• mcdawgg 06/17/13 10:23 pm PST

I agree, just practice a bit in a parking lot, then a quiet neighborhood, and go up from there. Soon, you'll be fine. I know some people just are not comfortable driving, but eventually, anyone can learn. My wife still is not comfortable driving in really busy big cities, but she can. In fact, I even taught her how to drive a stick (although that took FOREVER, and she still hates driving one and would rather walk vs. have to drive one!

Some (most?) states don't require that you have a driver's license to purchase a car (think of people physically unable to drive who buy cars so their caregivers can transport them around). So you may be able to buy the car in your name and have it titled and registered in your name. A call to your local DMV will tell you the answer.

Talk to your insurance company to see if there's issue with the owner not being the primary driver. Your lender may not like the idea either.

• knowledgepower 06/18/13 9:48 am PST

You can buy a vehicle as long as you are insurable and you don't have to have a license. I sold a few vehilces to people with no license, you would have to add your husband with the license on your insurance policy as the designated driver. You need insurance to have a vehicle delivered, the insurance company will handle the rest. The DMV will answer the remaining questions of what's needed, they rarely encounter this situation so if an agent says it can't be done a supervisor will take care of the registation.

Top Car Financing Experts View More

7. boomchek 280