• avatar simpilot1 05/30/08 9:01 pm PST

Delaware and New Hampshire for sure, they don't even have a sales tax. Most others only collect when the vehicle is registered so there wiould be no tax collected then either. Google "exporting cars US to Europe". There are companies that will handle the entire transaction for you including all paperwork which can be formidable.

A word of advice. Make sure the car you intend to buy can be registered in the destination country. Emission and safety standards vary and it may be prohibitively expensive or impossible to meet the required standards.

Answers

• simpilot1 05/30/08 9:01 pm PST

I know that some states will let you leave the state with your car without paying sales tax, but you cannot drive it. So it would have to go on a truck, from the dealer, across the state line before you set wheels on the ground. In your case, I guess that would be from dealer to shipping dock. But if you are planning on driving it before you ship it, you can forget it unless you pay the tax.I'm not sure how you "prove" that it's on the truck to your state's DMV, but I'm sure they'll make you prove it.

• goblue1279 06/26/08 1:49 pm PST

I live in florida and I found that the only rule is that you can not drive the vehicle off the lot once the paperwork has been signed. The dealer has to either take it directly to the export company or the export company needs to come pick the vehicles up then you will not have to pay taxes on them.

Top Car Buying Taxes Experts View More

5. simpilot1 75
7. sylvia 50