• avatar MrShift@Edmunds 04/18/09 12:38 pm PST

Ah, okay I see what you'r saying. Try this--call up www.eloan.com and ask them their procedure. I've used them myself for a loan and found them to be pretty good. I'm sure they've dealt with this before. Also, from a national bank, I don't see the problem---their check is as good in one state as another---but maybe I'm missing something? Anyway, give e-loan a call---that leat that will give you some ideas right from the horse's mouth.

Answers

You need to explain a bit better what you are trying to do here. You want to buy a car in California and ship it to Ohio? Why? Or if you plan to pick it up in California, you will pay CA sales tax, which is (depending on where you buy) 2-3% higher than Ohio. So that's $600 or more out the window. Better/cheaper to just fly out there and close the deal. I don't think the dealer cares where your check comes from as long as he can cash it.

• exargo36 04/18/09 12:15 pm PST

mr. shiftrite, my girlfriend works in california for now and i want to update her car to a newer model with less miles, so i'm not shipping to ohio...i know about the californaia sales tax. believe or not, if you are financing a car you have to work with a dealer that can use a finance company that wiill extend to your state. not many do, especially the smaller car dealers. i was just hoping that someone out there knew of a california car dealer that could finance a purchase from ohio.

• exargo36 04/18/09 12:45 pm PST

Thank you for the help. It is appreciated.

Top Car Financing Experts View More

7. boomchek 280