• avatar zaken1 10/29/08 7:15 pm PST

It sounds like you probably have a bad front wheel bearing. Another possibility is that the front brake pads are worn down to the audible wear indicators.

The determination of whether the problem is brake pads or a wheel bearing is best made by inspecting the thickness of the brake pads. This is a relatively quick and easy procedure.

Front wheel bearings are relatively simple to replace. I would expect that job would cost less than $150; but I don't have recent experience with the cost of the work, and I may be way off there. It is easy enough to call around and get estimates on the phone for either of those operations

I hope this helps!!!

Joel

Answers

I hope this helps!!!

Joel

• tek1010 10/29/08 7:58 pm PST

My vote is for the wheel bearing. Put new brakes on while your in there. LMS

Top Ford Crown Victoria Experts View More

6. ewilfong 45