Edmunds Answers



  • karjunkie 01/20/09 8:24 am PST

    While hotrodders have been doing their own front end alignments for years, it does require some specific skills and tools. You will need a shop or repair manual, caster/camber gauge and toe gauge to do the job right. The simplest of these gauges can be bought for about $70 for both and the repair manual for about $30. It can't be done with just a tape measure. If you have specific bad parts such as tie rods, an alignment wont make much of a difference and you will have to realign the car when you change the parts anyway.


Top Suspension Experts View More

Rank Leader Points
1. MrShift@Edmunds 1890
2. karjunkie 1645
3. zaken1 840
4. texases 585
5. tony78 480
6. Stever@Edmunds 425
7. actualsize 405