Answers

Your new Hyundai (congrats!) already comes with a 10 year, 100,000 powertrain warranty from the factory.

A wrap warranty would supposedly cover everything else that's "wrapped" around the factory warranty.

But you have to read the fine print about what it really does cover. Usually there are a bunch of exclusions and wear and tear items aren't covered.

Extended warranties are a big profit center for dealers so unless you really worry at night about your radio or other electronics dying, I'd pass. And if the wrap extended warranty isn't offered by Hyundai, I'd probably pass for that reason as well - too many aftermarket warranty companies have gone bust in the last decade.

And remember that your basic warranty is 5 years, 60,000 miles, so you are really only buying 5 years and 40,000 miles of coverage.

It it were me, I'd cancel it and get my money back. If the car has problems in the first 5 years you can find an extended warranty to buy at that point (but if it has problems, you'll probably trade it anyway).

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/advice/warrantie
    s...

• rmasters2007 05/24/16 11:40 am PST

You bought something and did not inform yourself what you bought? That is simply dumb.

You are giving incomplete information. If you are talking about the CPO (Certified Preowned Vehicle) WRAP insurance, it covers almost everything. Sad to see that Airbags and restraint systems are not covered! That is just wrong.

You have to request the list of covered items from Hyundai. Or do it more efficiently: Do not as a US dealer, they have no clue. I contacted Hyundai in Canada and they also send me a lit of items NOT included. Easier to read and understand.

In a nutshell: This CPO WRAP covers this used vehicle with almost full factory warranty for up to 10 years or 100,000 miles, including roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car. Can't beat that.

And dont' fall for the undeducated and false information others gave on here. The new car warranty covers certain components, up to 1 year, 3 years or 5 years (except powertrain), depending on component.

The OP said "I purchased a WRAP warranty package for my new Hyundai"

It wasn't a used car, CPO or otherwise.

Top Buying Insurance Experts View More

4. la4mead 130
7. igozoomzoom 90