• avatar freder 12/21/09 11:04 am PST

I have the same problem. So far as I know it happened only one time. That was last Friday (December 18, 2009) We were out in a very hard rain. The car was sitting most of the time when it rained very hard.

A friend was riding in the back seat and he noticed the wet floor mat and carpet. I was using the air conditioner part of the time that day and was concerned that I might have some water coming from the AC.

I just visually checked the door seal and found nothing. It seems to me that the seats would have been wet in addition to the floor if water came in through the door seal.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know. I have a 2004 Town Car.

Thanks

freder

Answers

• tony78 12/15/09 11:11 pm PST

Sounds like it may be a faulty door seal.

Water under pressure is bypassing the seal at some point and is draining down from around the door and is dripping unto the rear passenger footwell.

A careful inspection of the seal and where it mounts to the door opening frame may reveal a torn or loose seal.

• freder 12/21/09 11:04 am PST

Thanks

freder

• tmdee 12/21/09 11:13 am PST

I recently contacted the local Lincoln dealership and was told that they have experienced leakage from the firewall somewhere around the windshield and that the water will just accumulate at the lowest point depending on how you are parked while it is leaking. I then pulled the carpet away from the firewall on the passenger side and did feel dampness. This leads me to believe that the water is leaking from that point and just accumulating in the back since my car is probably parked at an angle during the rain storms. She also mentioned that it will cost about $300 to fix. They need to pull the carpet to dry and seal the panel or whatever is leaking in the firewall.
    Please call your local dealer and see if you get a similar explanation and respond so that I will know if you hear something different.

• joesid1 09/01/11 1:26 pm PST

i just purchased a 2000 town car and my rear passenger floor keeps getting wet called the dealership and was told the evapratore line was clogged and to pick up carpet under passenger side and there is a plug to blow out clogged evaporation line said if i came down he would do it free .

Top Sedan Experts View More