• avatar Stever@Edmunds 10/31/10 11:32 pm PST

I can get free access to the Chilton Library online through my public library. Before I moved, I had free online access to the Auto Reference Data Center. So you may want to check with your local library to see if they offer something similar.

Chilton's says, for '98, that the 2.0l engine's fuel pump can be accessed through an inspection hole cover located beneath the rear seat. For the 3.0l, there may be an access panel under the rear seat. If not, Chilton's notes that you have to drop the tank. For the 4.1l engine, you can get to it by removing the "trunk room finish panel".

Answers

As you may already know; the electric fuel pump on 1998 Infiniti models is inside the fuel tank. Some tanks have to be dropped in order to access the fuel pump. Others have access panels in various places. With this type of question, and the many others which often go along with it; it sounds like you could benefit greatly from buying a service manual. It is unlikely that you could expect to get prompt, consistent and accurate answers about a relatively uncommon vehicle such as that one by depending on online forums. However, instead of spending the big bucks that are charged for factory paper service manuals; there is a great alternative option: Mitchell Manuals (one of the top sources for automotive service information) has an online site (http://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing/De
    f...
    ) where you can sign up for a one week subscription to access their entire massive database of information for one particular vehicle, for about $11.

Top Fuel System Experts View More