Answers

Opening rear windows are getting more hard to find I hear.

Looks like the Jeep Commander is one and the Infiniti QX56 is another. Some of the Toyota Highlander styles offer that option. Not sure if the seats fold or how they'd fold. It'd be nice to find a rig that has a folding passenger seat so the whole kayak would fit inside without having some hang out the rear window.

It's a good way to keep your kayak from getting ripped off I suppose, but I prefer carrying my boats on the roof. Less dampness inside the cabin, and that's a big flying projectile to deal with if you get in a wreck.

If you have short whitewater boats, then carrying them inside might be an option, but those I've seen carried inside were in full size vans or minivans with seats removed. Most people either carry on the roof on good racks or fully inside, rather than half-in & half-out.

Top SUV Experts View More

7. sandman235 195