Answers

This is getting off to a really bad start. I think I'd void the purchase if you have that option, because something is definitely not on the up and up here. If it was marked "used", then it was previously registered; if it were a demo, it would still be on the manufacturer's certificate. This is called an MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) and is used by DMV to first title the vehicle.

Added to the murky status of the car is the breakdown, which is not a good sign.

So unless you got the deal of a lifetime on this car, I"m personally not keen on your keeping it. Other folks might have a different opinion--it's just how I would react.

• knowledgepower 01/25/13 12:54 pm PST

I've been there and seen goofball screwups like what you're going through when I worked at a dealership. These clowns were in a rush to get that demo the heck out of there especially the goofball manager who drove it. The paperwork could have said used if it were over 7,000 miles depending what state you live in and also how the bank finances it, but the vehicle is still new as far as warranty coverage is concerned. You still will get the remainder of the 12 month, 12,000 mile bumper to bumper and the rest of any other warranty coverage. Talk to the Service Writer at the dealership because they answer warranty coverage questions all the time.

Top Car Buying Experts View More