• avatar country2 11/11/08 10:03 pm PST

It isn't the tie rod ends if it only makes the noise when you are turning. The ball joints shouldn't be out already at 79k. Have you had new tires or anything like that done lately.
    Sounds like shocks but they would have to be really shot to make that much noise. Check you tires and wheels to make sure they are tight and while you have it up see if you have any movement when you try to move your wheel and tire buy holding the top and bottom and pulling on like you are rocking it . If it is a front wheel drive it might be a drive axle. That would make that kind of noise but they usually last forever. None of this stuff should be bad yet and so again have you had your tires off .

Answers

• zolecki 11/11/08 9:54 pm PST

I would say your right, my Bravada did the same thing, I greased the ball joints and the noise went away. If you do need to replace them, mine cost $50 then about 40 to be replaced, I do the work myself, but I didnt want to fool with drilling rivets.

• country2 11/11/08 10:03 pm PST

• forever7 11/13/08 9:42 pm PST

the knocking sounds like it's only the right front. I'll check the shocks. A little clarification: when i go over bumps the knocking occurs after I'm over the bump.

• forever7 03/23/09 12:44 am PST

I discovered it was the front lower control arm. I changed it(Passenger side) and it's all good now.

Top Suspension Experts View More