Answers

You probably have a clogged heater core. Very easy to check. With the engine at normal operating temperature and the heat on, feel the 2 hoses going into and out of the heater core through the firewall. If they are cold, your heater core is clogged. You can flush the heater core by disconnecting the hoses and connecting your water hose to one end with the other hose set to drain. Turn your water on and off repeatedly to pulse the pressure and dislodged the gunk untill the water runs clear and then reconnect the 2 hoses. Make sure you disconnect the battery before you do this and towel dry the engine before you restart it. If the hoses are hot, you should check the heater control valve for proper operation. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• big_cougar24 01/15/09 1:42 pm PST

thanks for your help. im going to try it when I get home ill let you know if it works or not :) and should this help with both the over heating problem and the heater?

Since you said it was not overheating, I ignored that part of the problem. See how it works after the flush. If the light keeps coming on, the only thing that could be wrong is the sensor that you replaced.

• big_cougar24 01/22/09 8:05 am PST

No Luck :( i flushed the whole system... now its just saying the engine isnt heating at all.. meinike said that it's got an intake leak and cost $700 to fix. He said the heater can't work because the engine isnt getting hot, personally i dont know how an engine CANT get hot, any advice??

• mala_man 01/15/10 2:30 am PST

YOUR PROBLEM IS SIMPLE, I CHANGED THERMOSTAT, FLUSED,EVERYTHING I COULD POSSIBLY DO, UNTILSOMEONE SAID CHANGE THE RADIATOR. EVERY TIME I TAKE A DRIVE IT RAN HOT. I STOP DRIVING IT.BUT I HAD MY BUMP IN IT SO I FIXED IT.DO NOT BY FROM AUTO PARTS BUY WHOLESALE FROM ONLINE.SEARCH WHOLESALE RADIATOR FOR YOUR VEHICLE. OH! I HAD A FORD BRONCO AND STILL HAVE IT.RUNS 110MPH ON THE HIGHWAY,STOCK 3.0

Top Heating / Cooling Heater Experts View More

7. alaskanj 120