• avatar karjunkie 09/26/09 9:41 am PST

Kathy, the first thing to check are the fuses as that is usually the first thing to go when the wipers quit. There may be 2 fuse boxes in your vehicle: one in the cabin and another one in the engine compartment so be sure to check both. The next thing to check is the relay which is also in the fuse box. These are square black little boxes that plug into the fuse box. If it is not the fuses or relays, then it may be that the wiper motor has gone bad, but that happens very rarely. Good luck!

Answers

• morin2 09/26/09 11:04 am PST

If it turns out to be a fuse, get 2 new ones & carry a spare in your glove box. If the replacement blows soon, then you'll have to find out why that fuse is blowing. Good luck.

• jmurphy301 05/29/10 7:40 pm PST

Hi,

i have the same car, and I am having the opposite problem. My wipers got stuck and drained all the walsher fluid, out. I pulled the #15 fuse to stop it. It turns out i had a blown 20 amp fuse under the hood. Anyhow, just got it back from my mechanic and they got stuck again, but this time I got them to go off, somehow by turning the wiper speed on high-then low, then off.

i am taking it back next week. I was told it coul dbe the wiper motor, but mine sound like the motor is draining whe I turn them on.

If I hear anything, will let you know.

I need help too on this matter, as there is a wiper motor, wiper pump kit, and I believe a plug for the ipers.

Anyone?

thanks-- Joe murphy

Top Electrical Wipers Experts View More